Side View and Side+Front View Technology
What is the Side+Front View method?
Sumix’s Side+Front View method addresses the many variables which influence the results of MTP/MPO geometric measurements while reducing both the need for precise ferrule positioning and attention to cable management.
The patented new approach for the inspection of MTP/MPO patch cords and its unique MTP/MPO fixture design provide simultaneous interferometric scanning from two perspectives: Side and Front views.
The Side+Front View method allows for the measurement of the angles of the front-end face with respect to the guide pins, in exact compliance with the IEC standards.
Advantages of the Side+Front View technology
- Fully non-contact method, ensuring that there would be no need to check the pins parallelism after some period of use.
- The lowest probability of destroying/damaging the ferrule guide holes.
- Results are not influenced by an operator’s skill - it is not required to be very careful with the ferrule insertion into a fixture.
- Measurements are not affected by the patchcord cable weight or position.
- Accuracy and repeatability are independent of the ferrule parameters (distances between guide holes, guide holes parallelism).
- Easy calibration and verification.
- Control of additional parameters required by IEC - guide holes parallelism and angles.
What parameters of MT ferrule can I check with a Side View fixture?
The related Side View base-fixtures are used to provide accurate measurements of the angles of fibers holes along with the angles, parallelism and concentricity of guide pin holes.
What equipment do I need?
Base fixture for MTP/MPO patchcords, APC type with and without guide pins - Suitable for 16-32 fiber and 12-72 fiber ferrules for measuring angles and parallelism of the guide holes.
Base fixture for MTP/MPO patchcords, PC type with and without guide pins - Suitable for 16-32 fiber and 12-72 fiber ferrules for measuring angles and parallelism of the guide holes.
Base fixture for bare MT PC ferrules - Suitable for 16-32 fiber and 12-72 fiber ferrules for measuring fiber and guide holes for concentricity and parallelism.
For more information please contact: